We provide comprehensive decontamination, demolition, and disposal of explosives contaminated equipment either as part of our building D&D work or as standalone projects.
In the course of processing over 1300 buildings, our building and equipment decontamination and demolition (D&D) team has processed thousands of pieces of equipment and thousands of tons of related piping, conduits and other production related materials. These services are very similar to those associated with the D&D of buildings and include, but are not limited to the following:
- Hazard analysis that is based on a thorough understanding of the type of equipment and its past use.
- Removal of hazardous materials such as asbestos, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), excess oils, lubricants and hydraulic fluid, mercury, and radiological contamination.
- Management of the transportation and disposal of hazardous waste as appropriate.
- Disassembly of process equipment and associated piping is done to insure there is little or no confined energetic material remaining prior to decontamination.
- Explosives decontamination typically using of our Thermal Convection System (TCS) or other innovative technology for this requirement.
- The TCS is also effective for the decontamination of equipment contaminated with chemical warfare materiel (CWM) or biological material.
- Manage the final disposition of the equipment as Material Documented As Safe (MDAS) as required by the client.
Teamwork is a critical component of all that we do and we have a long standing history of working with our clients as a team. This requires open and honest communication, a strong sense of responsibility and a determination to satisfy our clients. So, contact us and let us bring our solutions to your project.